Beetroot & Fetta Agnolotti with Golden Beets
Styling: Chef Joe and Kristy of Henry on Eighth
Blog: Renee Lenzarini
Photography & Video: Anita Parise and Josh Wells Photography
Recipe & Inspiration: The GR Club Pasta & Plants Event held at Henry on Eighth
I am regularly asked by our customers, “What sauce should I pair this type of pasta with?” and “What would I serve it with?” The GR Club was created to showcase our pasta varieties to the pasta loving community. My absolute primary aim with such recipes has always been to demonstrate to our customers how to get more colour on their plate and to get them thinking about how to create complete and nutritious meals. This concept was the essence of our GR Club Pasta & Plants Event.
The P&P menu was designed with plant based recipes in mind that encouraged event goers to look at plants in a different way. It highlighted the seasonal produce of Western Australia and how plants are used in the Tuscan and Mediterranean cuisines. Although Tuscans are renowned meat eaters, the portions that they do consume are relatively small and are always accompanied by contorni (side dishes.) In Tuscany and in Italy in general, vegetables are usually served raw, steamed or briefly sautéed. Now plants are not just limited to fruit and vegetables, but include grains, nuts, herbs, seeds and spices. Plants are also the absolute perfect pasta partners!
Once the P&P theme was chosen, it was quickly suggested that the Beetroot & Fetta Agnolotti would make an ideal showpiece for such a menu. It is also the creation of Managing Director and Co-Owner Danny Lenzarini (my Dad), which gave it an extra special flavour. This dish is just full of both nutrients and colour, with vitamin and mineral rich beets and brilliant marigold blossoms.
My apologies that this recipe has been a long time coming clubbers. In all honesty, I completely forgot! The next recipe however is a collaboration and will be shared nice and early in the preparation for Easter – ha!
Renee, Anita and the GR Team
- 500g of Golden Ravioli’s Beetroot & Fetta Agnolotti
- One bunch of baby beets, cooked and quartered
- Sage leaves
- Beetroot leaves, removed from baby beets
- 1 x orange, zested
- A hefty amount of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Some edible marigold blossoms
- Cook the agnolotti in a pot of salted, boiling water until just tender.
- In a large frying pan, toss together the pasta, cooked beets, sage leaves, beetroot leaves, orange zest and extra virgin olive oil.
- Once combined, garnish with Parmesan cheese, some vibrantly coloured marigold flowers and serve immediately.