Linguine with Chilli, Chorizo & Zucchini Flowers
Styling: Anita Parise with Renee Lenzarini
Blog: Renee Lenzarini
Photography & Video: Anita Parise
Recipe & Inspiration: Then end of Summer / International Women’s Day
- 500g of Golden Ravioli's Linguine (will serve 4 main portions)
- 1-2 x garlic cloves, crush with a garlic press or flat side of a knife
- 3-4 x red chillies (hot), chopped finely
- A large bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 10 x baby zucchinis with flowers, cut in half
- A hefty amount of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 x anchovy fillets
- 1 x fresh spicy chorizo sausage, with skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh ricotta to serve, crumbled
- Dill to garnish, chopped finely
*Variation: Substitute the chorizo sausage with a few tablespoons of Napoletana sugo for a full flavoured vegetarian option.
- Firstly, place a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Meanwhile, using a deep frypan, fry off half the garlic and chilli in a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil. Add 2 x anchovies and cook until softened and breaks apart.
- Next, add the zucchinis (be careful not to damage the delicate flowers) and sauté for about one minute. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the chorizo. Use a wooden spoon (preferably with a flat edge) to break up the sausage into small pieces. Remove from the pan.
- Heat more extra virgin olive oil and add the remaining garlic, chilli and anchovy. Cook as before until anchovy has softened and breaks apart. Add the fresh parsley, mix through and turn off the heat.
- As soon as the water has boiled, add the linguine and cook for 6-8 minutes or until it is al dente!
- Once cooked, immediately add the linguine to the oil mixture and mix well, ensuring each strand is glossy and coated with the sauce. Place the linguine on a plate (to one side), leaving room for the zucchinis. Combine the sausage and zucchini flowers together and place on the remaining side of the plate.
- Adorn with tablespoons of the fresh ricotta and a sprinkling of the finely chopped dill. Be sure to serve immediately and enjoy!