Fettuccine Alla Carbonara
This dish is both wicked and rich. But please hold the cream!! Traditionally you will never find this ingredient in a true carbonara sauce. The hero of the dish is in fact the eggs which give the pasta it’s silky, glossy texture. We’ve chosen to use pancetta in this recipe however guanciale (Cured pork cheek), is also traditionally used. So you be the judge :).
Serving suggestion: 100-150g / person
- 1 tablespoon of fine quality olive oil
- 100g smoked pancetta, diced
- 4 eggs, whole
- 500g of fresh Golden Ravioli Fettuccine
- 1 cup of cheese (Half Italian Parmigiano and half Pecorino or Provolone), grated
- Plenty of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Place the oil and pancetta in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the pancetta is crisp.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water for a couple of minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together with most of the fresh, grated cheese (keep a handful for psrinkly later).
- Once the fettuccine are cooked al dente return the hot pasta to the pan with the pancetta and mix together.
- Then remove the pan from the heat and pour over the egg mixture. Here’s a tip: the heat of the pasta should cook the eggs so trust us, do not scramble them!!
- Next, toss the pasta until it is coated in the egg mixture and stir well.
- Now don’t forget the seasoning. Add salt to taste, a generous amount of black pepper and sprinkle with parsley.