Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli with cocoa & walnuts
Recipe Inspiration: The flavours and recipes of Thanksgiving
Blog: Short and sweet from Renée
Our final recipe of the year is an unexpected combination of pumpkin, chocolate and spice that is very, very nice. With a bittersweet taste and warm and subtle scent, it is sure to fill your home with holiday happiness.
Inspired by the celebration and flavours of Thanksgiving, this recipe is an expression of gratitude for our blessings over the past year. It is a reminder to appreciate all that is positive in our lives and to reflect on the moments which we are thankful for.
We hope you enjoy our very different recipe for a very different kind of year.
Renée, Anita and the GR Team
- 500g GR Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
- 80g of butter
- 1tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon or a cinnamon quill
- A pinch of raw sugar
- 1/4 cup of water with 1/4 tsp of corn flour
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- Prepare a large pot of salted water and place on the hob to boil. Once the water is on a rapid boil, drop in the ravioli and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, add the butter, cocoa powder, spices, sugar, water mixture and 1/4 of the walnuts. Mix well over a low heat until glossy.
- Pour the silky and shiny mixture over the ravioli until coated. Garnish with some freshly chopped walnuts and serve immediately.