Spinach Gnocchi with Gorgonzola & Pancetta
If gnocchi are your favourite pasta morsels, this dish is bound to have your mouth watering.
Serving suggestion: Try getting four – five main portions from this recipe.
- 1kg of Golden Ravioli Spinach Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 150g pancetta, cubed
- 1 cup of thickened cream
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
- The zest of half a lemon
- Gorgonzola dolce - as much as you like!
- Heat a large pot of salted water and bring to the boil. Place the gnocchi into the pot and gently stir. Once the gnocchi float to the top, simmer for another 10 minutes (until cooked all the way through).
- While the gnocchi are cooking, heat the garlic over a medium-high heat. Render the pancetta for 5 minutes or until browned. Watch your seasoning, as the pancetta already lends a salty flavour to the dish.
- Pour the cream into the saucepan, stir in the spinach and add the lemon zest.
- Fold the gnocchi into the sauce, gently mix in the gorgonzola and allow to melt (the gnocchi should be just lightly coated).
- Finally, scatter over the toasted bread crumbs and walnuts.