Spinach Linguine Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino
We can thank the Romans for this one but this is how our chef and friend Adriano prepares this tasty treat for us. It’s so simple and yet packed full of flavour!!
Serving suggestion: 100-150g / person
All you need are three ingredients that you’ll already find in your pantry (well, in an Italian pantry anyway ;))...
- Roughly 4 tablespoons of fine quality olive oil (the olio)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (the aglio)
- 2 tablespoons of red chill - dried or fresh (the peperoncino)
- 500g of fresh Golden Ravioli Spinach Linguine
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- A sprinkle ... or even two ... of Italian Parmigiano or Pecorino Romano (Available in store)
- In a frying pan place “un bel po” quite a bit of your favourite olive oil, the garlic and chilli and cook on a medium heat until the garlic is fragrant and slightly golden in colour.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water for a couple of minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and add to the pan with a little bit of the water.
- Toss everything together and serve immediately with a scattering of parsley and parmigiano.