Mediterranean Tortellini Salad
The spirited and super savvy fresh tortellini can be used in an assortment of diverse dishes from gratins to minestras and fresh salads – such as this one loaded with a rainbow of Mediterranean ingredients and tossed in a lively vinaigrette.
Serving suggestion: As much as you like!!
- 1kg of Golden Ravioli Roasted Meat filled Tortellini
- 10 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 15 black - pitted olives, thinly sliced
- 3 roughly chopped celery sticks
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved (use all varieties)
- A crumbling of Greek or Danish style feta
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, continental parsley, chopped
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of a tasty extra virgin olive oil (vinaigrette)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (vinaigrette)
- 2 teaspoons of French mustard (vinaigrette)
- Salt to taste (vinaigrette)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper (vinaigrette)
- Cook the tortellini in boiling, salted water until tender or al dente.
- Once cooked, drain the tortellini then gently toss through the zesty vinaigrette and allow to cool.
- Add the other ingredients to the pasta and combine. Finish with extra parsley and plenty of fragrant basil.
- For even better flavour, let chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.